Peru is a great destination for families! From doing a hike to Machupicchu (long or short), to riding horses overlooking the capital of the Incas, Cusco, to experiencing a cultural interaction on Lake Titicaca – travelling with your family, young and old, will reward you with precious memories!
Over the years we have had many families from all over the world travel with us. We have had children from 7 years old hike with us and grandfathers and grandmothers up to 75 years young join in on the hikes! If not hiking to Machupicchu enjoy the comfort of a wonderful train journey. We often have some of the family hike and the other half take the train.
When you contact us for a family vacation we work closely with you to ensure that we are providing your family with the type of vacation that you will all enjoy. We understand that our clients have varying interests so no itinerary we create is ever the same.
Some great options to incorporate into your Peruvian adventure could be :
- Visit to Awanacancha Cultural Village to interact with the llamas and alpacas – children and adults alike love this!
- Rafting adventure down the Urubamba river!
- Horse riding in the hills above Cusco stopping in at some very impressive ruins.
- Jungle adventures are always a hit with the kids! When not out spotting wildlife, our jungle adventures can include short walks exploring the forest fauna and flora with jungle guides, or perhaps kayaking on the river or moutain biking down a jungle trail! We have many options available.
- Cooking classes – we offer these in Cusco and Lima – all the family will enjoy this colorful outing to buy your own ingredients and then prepare a delicious dish with your Peruvian Chef!
- Stay overnight with a local family on Amantani Island (Lake Titicaca) for a beautiful cultural experience.
These are all but a few ideas we can incorporate into your customised family adventure! Email us and we will happily work with you to create a wonderful trip for your family!