Trek to Machupicchu on part of the Classic Inca Trail and arrive at the Sun Gate to get beautiful views of Machu Picchu after only 1 day of walking. It is ideal for those who do not have much time or have physical limitations. On this trek we will find archaeological sites, cloud forests, waterfalls, an abundant variety of fauna and flora, and many species of birds. The walk lasts for approximately 6 to 7 hours upon which we will arrive at the Inti Punku (the Sun Gate) and have our first inspiring view of Machu Picchu, the hidden capital of the Incas, and enjoy the beautiful vistas of the Vilcanota mountain range.
Cusco (3,350m) – Ollantaytambo (2,792m) – Km 104 (2,200m) – Wiñay Wayna (2,700m) – Machupicchu (2,500m) – Aguas Calientes (2,000m) – Cusco
Pick Up Time from Hotel in Cusco: 4am
Pick Up Time from Hotel in Sacred Valley: 5.30am
Early morning transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo. If you are staying in Ollantaytambo it’s a short walk to the train station. We take the train to Km 104 with your Guide.
We cross over the Vilcanota River via a beautiful bridge and arrive at Chachabamba. This is the first Inca ruin on our trek. Upon leaving Chachabamba the path ascends into a forest and much needed shade. We reach a magnificent waterfall and shortly afterwards arrive at the beautiful Inca construction of Wiñay Wayna (‘Forever Young’) after around 3 hours hiking.
We have a box lunch and after taking a short break our journey continues to Inti Punku (‘the Sun Gate’), roughly another 2 hours walking, from where we have our first impressive view of Machupicchu.
You will have a guided tour lasting around 2 hours on the amazing architecture and mysterious temples. Your guide will explain all about the sophisticated ideas of this highly advanced culture that once inhabited the citadel.
Once we have completed the official tour, you will have some extra time to explore the sanctuary on your own before catching the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes from where we take the late train back to Ollantaytambo train station where our driver will be waiting to transfer you back to your Cusco hotel.
Small Group Service : US$ 490 per person
- We operate small groups between 2-10 persons essentially providing you with a Private Tour Service.
- Your guide is dedicated to your safety and enjoyment whilst hiking, looking after you every step of the way!
- We pride ourselves in our personal service on your trek.
Children – 1 to 17yrs of age : US$ 30 (copy of passport front page required for discount to apply)
- Collection from Hotel in Cusco, Urubamba or Ollantaytambo
- Entrance permits into the Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Professional English speaking guide
- Private Transportation from hotel to train stations (vice versa)
- Bus Tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- 1 Box Lunch & Snacks
- Roundtrip train tickets on Expedition Train Services (6.10am out and 18.20 return) // Trains are subject to availability and we may have to upgrade to Vistadome service ($58 one way, $70 roundtrip)
- Pre-briefing before trail departure date
- Breakfast, Dinner
- Walking poles – $12 per pole
Do you have any questions?
Our approach to travel is defined by our motto “Constantly in Pursuit of Excellence”, as we strive to provide top quality tour or trek options.
We’d love to hear from you, so please contact us with your questions, comments or suggestions through our Support System and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please also review our FAQ’s to save you time in case your question has already been answered.